The thot plickens…

This, is what my logfiles tell me about the initial cause of the problem..



> Security Violations

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

> Jan 9 14:23:41 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 38

> Jan 9 14:23:43 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 44

> Jan 9 14:23:58 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 55

> Jan 9 14:23:58 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 55

> Jan 9 14:24:13 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 50

> Jan 9 14:24:13 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 50

> Jan 9 14:24:28 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 39

> Jan 9 14:24:28 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 39

> Jan 9 14:24:43 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 31

> Jan 9 14:24:43 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 31

> Jan 9 14:24:58 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 25

> Jan 9 14:24:58 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 25

> Jan 9 14:25:13 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 20

> Jan 9 14:25:13 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 20

> Jan 9 14:25:28 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MTA: load average: 16

> Jan 9 14:25:28 linux1741 sendmail[26797]: rejecting connections on daemon MSA: load average: 16

>

> Unusual System Events

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

> Jan 9 14:23:08 linux1741 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 28630 (mysqld-max).

> Jan 9 14:23:56 linux1741 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 28638 (mysqld-max).

> Jan 9 14:23:56 linux1741 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 28640 (mysqld-max).

> Jan 9 14:23:56 linux1741 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 28752 (mysqld-max).

> Jan 9 14:23:56 linux1741 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 24203 (httpd).

In other words, somehow a machine with a GIG of memory ran out… I shall be investigating why!

Steve.

4 thoughts on “The thot plickens…”

  1. connected to Angel Huggers diary, which was not a problem. Then clicked on ‘vote for me’
    I was taken to some sites that, shall I say, you wouldn’t want to show your grandmotehr.
    I suspect it has been harnessed from outside.
    I have told AngelHugger.
    Just thought I’d let you know
    cutypops

  2. Hey Guy’s I found a bug! 🙂

    If anyone tries to leave a comment ( Non Atomic Users ) and uses an apostrophe in their name, they get an error that looks like this:

    Error:
    Query failed [INSERT INTO comments VALUES(26451, 1009843200, 9, ‘Kid’s Say (Unauthenticated)’, ”, ‘This is so funny’, 1010805874, 3501919464, 0, 1)] – You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘s Say (Unauthenticated)’, ”, ‘This is so funny’, 1010805874, 3501919464, 0, 1)’ at line 1

    The error is in the SQL Code you have set up for your database… It can be solved easily. The server is reading the apostrophe submitted where From = Kid’s say ( the apostorphe after the d, and before the s ) to be part of the syntax.
    Since some user’s may use an apostrophe, you can solve this problem by using " and " in your code around the values given by the user. 🙂

Comments are closed.