Database tweaks

In the continuing saga of the database crashing, I’ve made some tweaks to the query after Matt noticed it was locking trying to remove a temporary table. The temporary tables were created as a result of the speedups we put in place for the old server, which aren’t really necessary on this new server. So they’ve been taken out, certainly for the time being. If we get no more crashes I will write to the MySQL developers and let them know.

Again, apologies that we can’t say ‘Yes, we found it, we fixed it’, but in reality these things rarely work that way anyway!


You may notice this diary has an ad banner. Don’t panic, your diary doesn’t. And won’t. We’re skint. We need the revenue, and since we’re the only ones writing in this diary, we decided we’d allow ads here…

Steve.