I’ve switched the DearDiary.Net main diary ( this one, which you can get to by clicking the little DearDiary.Net… text in the top left of any diary ) to use the Genesis framework. In this way, I’m able to take advantage of all the goodness that is Genesis for this diary too. It was kind of weird being on a different theme to everyone else anyway – the original site had the same diary template (mostly because that’s all the original site could use ).
So now, if there are any template bugs I’ll find them a bit quicker I suspect!
I’m aware that the layout of the Latest DD News and the Latest Diary Updates is broken – I’ll be looking into that tomorrow. For now, it’s usable. Just.
I’m also aware that the Migrate Diary option is completely broken. This is an element I had not considered when I switched to Genesis, because it works completely differently behind the scenes to normal themes. So I have some work to do there. On that note, I’m also writing a bunch of automated test scripts so that in future (once they’re finished) I can test everything on my development machine before I send live changes up. This should avoid significant bugs being introduced between releases. Hopefully!