Hamipiks bug

Thanks to Salamander, I've had a look at the Hamipiks code and discovered a significant bug in the code which determines whether an image has been updated since last time you looked at it.

This bug was causing an Internal Server Error after a PHP upgrade. The bug was in my code, not PHP, but was only tickled with a newer PHP version.

The interesting thing is that pressing Refresh caused the internal server error, which then meant the browser didn't try to send an 'If-Modified-Since' header, because the internal server error forced the browser to remove the image from it's cache and so forced a full fetch. Thus, the symptoms were that every second refresh attempt would work.

I've now fixed the bug and hopefully Hamipiks should start working properly again. Please let me know if it does not!

Sorry about that!

Public Apology

I'd like to say a big public apology to Welshamethyst and Salamander because I've seriously let them down on the support front. I thought I had fixed their problem a while back but I didn't communicate that with them, which if I had, it would've given them a chance to tell me that in fact I had not fixed their problem at all.

I think I have fixed the problem and I'm hoping to hear back from them both to see if I have. If not I'll look further, but I did find an extra setting on the server's firewall which looks like it could easily have caused them problems.

I'm also aware that for some odd reason, followers of Yetzirah are still receiving notifies that have no link. That's extremely strange because everyone else's notify mails have links, and indeed for about a day, so did Yetzirah. I'll be trying to take this up with Yetzirah again shortly and I'll also be checking the code to see if I can see what's going on.

Once again my apologies to Welshamethyst and Salamander. If I've not found the source of your problem with my latest change I will look into it significantly quicker this time!

Steve.

Testing

Testing 123