Buggered Queries

The problem appears to be down to a specific query that has just blown itself to bits for some reason. It’s the ‘Genre Selector’ query, so the ability to search for recent updates in a specific genre is presently offline while I figure out a better way to deal with it.

There may be other issues that crop up as a result, that I’m as yet unaware of so if you find something that isn’t working it could well be related. Given the time constraints of my real life job it’s not likely that this will be fixed any time soon (ie, definitely not within the next few hours) as it will require a rethink on that particular area of code.

I suspect basically that finally there are just too many entries in the database for that particular query to handle well. Don’t worry though I won’t be deleting any!

Comments

  1. Gawd, I thought am not gonna have my DD again. Thanks guys. I appreciate your effort. :)

    L.

  2. Thanks for all your trouble. I was hoping the problem would be sorted by tonight, and sure enough it was, from my end at least. You’re doing a great job. Thanks. 😉

  3. Steve,

    I didn’t worry for a moment last night that you wouldn’t get it working again. Great job as usual. I hope the problems resolve quickly for you, good luck!

    Julie

  4. Yesterday I couldn’t get here at all. Everytime I would try to come to DD it would give me an error. However when I went to bed last night I knew that you would fix it over night and sure enough here it is up and running again.

    Your doing a great job. Hopefully the problems you are having will work out soon. Keep up the great work.

    Hugs and Luv

  5. Thanks :) means I don’t need to go insane, wish I knew MySQL i do, that way I’d be able to help maybe, but hey thats the kinda Guy I am.